Friday, February 3, 2017



6/22/17 Middle Forks of the Snoqualmie River, in the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest sitting in a beautiful grove of tall evergreens with deep moss and fern beneath. Tiredness is creeping up as the end of the first leg of the trip approaches. Of course par for the course there was a big sign that said “Road Closed” but I ignored it and kept going until I was to be physically stopped. I am only 100 miles away from Seattle. I got to this camp area at noon and had a nice hour and half walk, The mountains here go straight up and the river is cold, fast and clear. Stumps of trees logged off years ago are on average  6-8 feet diameter some monsters even bigger. They must have towered over these that are ‘only’ 100 feet tall. Wished they had left a few standing. 

Here’s a heads up: Just so you know…. spend long enough behind the wheel of a truck packed to the gills and you can be certain to loose something everyday. But! I know where all the stuff goes. If you can’t find something it is always stuck way down between the console and the seat. I have found myself there once too. You’d think they’d make it an inch wider so your hand doesn’t go into spasm trying to fish whatever was lost out. Reminds me of John Candy in ‘Planes Trains and Automobiles’…  

The dead bugs are 1/2” thick on the front of the truck and camper. I have been told to wear them as a badge, I believe this to be good advice since one will need a sandblaster to get them off anyway why bother… it is only going to keep happening. My concern is the weight gain!

Forgot the other event yesterday when lost in the ‘moors’ and a tad punchy after confronting   the chained gate just when I was thinking of sleep…. back on the road! After a few miles of washboard vibration that could loosen your molars, I looked in the rearview mirror which offers a view through the camper and out the back door. Funny,,,,, I can’t seem to see anything…. let’s see what could be blocking the back window? *&&#@! !!!! The fridge door is open! I stopped and opened the camper rear door …what was supposed to be on the inside wasn’t and the fridge door was jammed so I could not get inside the camper… hmmmm. Some more hand spasms later, you’ll be relieved to know that not one can of beer was damaged! (and luckily the juice and milk containers though battered didn’t spill). 

After all those miles If that is the worst of it I think I can thank my lucky stars.







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful place. Reminds me of A River Runs Through It. Where's the pic of the dead bug windshield? 😜

    ReplyDelete